- South Sudan - Situation report 20 July 201628/07/2016
- Monitoring food security in countries with conflict situations: A joint FAO/WFP update for the United Nations Security Council (July 2016)28/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 29 August 2011
The food security situation continues to deteriorate in the Horn of Africa. Funding is urgently needed to both save lives and livelihoods, and build longer-term resilience to shocks in the region. The window of opportunity is quickly closing. Farmers and herders need support now to make the most of the coming rainy season. A failure to act now could worsen the food security situation across the region. Today, FAO’s funding gap stands at over USD 103 million for urgent interventions.