- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2015 deployments28/04/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – April 201625/04/2016
- 2015–2016 El Niño - Early action and response for agriculture, food security and nutrition - UPDATE #725/04/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 18 April 201618/04/2016
- South Sudan - Situation report April 201618/04/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 29 August 2011
The food security situation continues to deteriorate in the Horn of Africa. Funding is urgently needed to both save lives and livelihoods, and build longer-term resilience to shocks in the region. The window of opportunity is quickly closing. Farmers and herders need support now to make the most of the coming rainy season. A failure to act now could worsen the food security situation across the region. Today, FAO’s funding gap stands at over USD 103 million for urgent interventions.