- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen28/04/2017
- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 29 August 2011
The food security situation continues to deteriorate in the Horn of Africa. Funding is urgently needed to both save lives and livelihoods, and build longer-term resilience to shocks in the region. The window of opportunity is quickly closing. Farmers and herders need support now to make the most of the coming rainy season. A failure to act now could worsen the food security situation across the region. Today, FAO’s funding gap stands at over USD 103 million for urgent interventions.