- FAO's three-month response plan to Hurricane Matthew in Haiti26/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 25 October 201626/10/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation report October 201626/10/2016
- South Sudan - Situation report 24 October 201625/10/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, September 201624/10/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 29 August 2011
The food security situation continues to deteriorate in the Horn of Africa. Funding is urgently needed to both save lives and livelihoods, and build longer-term resilience to shocks in the region. The window of opportunity is quickly closing. Farmers and herders need support now to make the most of the coming rainy season. A failure to act now could worsen the food security situation across the region. Today, FAO’s funding gap stands at over USD 103 million for urgent interventions.