- Ethiopia Situation Report - May 201630/05/2016
- Gender mainstreaming as a key strategy for building resilient livelihoods30/05/2016
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.2 (September 2014 - August 2015) (in FRENCH)30/05/2016
- RIMA-II: Resilience Index Measurement and Analysis - II27/05/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D02 - January 2016 (in FRENCH)26/05/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 15 December 2011
The crisis is not over – although the number of people facing famine has fallen to 250 000 in Somalia, the impact of the drought and severe food emergency will extend well into 2012 across the Horn of Africa. There are some signs of hope – good ongoing short rains and coordinated, integrated humanitarian assistance are producing positive effects: pastures are growing, water sources are being refilled, etc. The solution to this crisis depends on long-term actions – FAO’s activities throughout the crisis and into 2012 have and will continue to focus on building resilience, coordination and linking relief with development.