- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
- Resilience programme in the Central African Republic (in FRENCH)05/04/2017
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 15 December 2011
The crisis is not over – although the number of people facing famine has fallen to 250 000 in Somalia, the impact of the drought and severe food emergency will extend well into 2012 across the Horn of Africa. There are some signs of hope – good ongoing short rains and coordinated, integrated humanitarian assistance are producing positive effects: pastures are growing, water sources are being refilled, etc. The solution to this crisis depends on long-term actions – FAO’s activities throughout the crisis and into 2012 have and will continue to focus on building resilience, coordination and linking relief with development.