- Recovery and rehabilitation of the dairy sector in Lebanon23/06/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/06/2016
- South Sudan Resilience Strategy 2016–201820/06/2016
- Seed Security Assessments (SSA)17/06/2016
- Emergency vaccination against transboundary animal diseases in Lebanon17/06/2016
Connect with us
Food Security and Nutrition Response Analysis Expert Working Group Gathering: Record of Proceedings
Analysis of food insecurity has undoubtedly improved in recent years. However, the extent to which improved analysis has been translated into more appropriate and justified responses to food security problems is unclear. This is due to the fact that the area of response analysis – the link between situation analysis / forecasting and response planning – is relatively underdeveloped.
The FAO managed and ECHO funded project entitled: “Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies” is an attempt to give further rigour to this underdeveloped area. The FAO Project has now produced an initial draft of a Response Analysis Framework and an Expert Working Group session was called in Rome in order to present and review the Framework and to discuss critical issues related to response analysis.
The purpose of this expert gathering was to bring together specialists with an understanding and interest in key response analysis issues together with selected FAO HQ staff.