- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 21 july 201521/07/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June 2015 13/07/2015
Connect with us
FAO's regional strategies in West Africa and the Sahel: the approach to nutrition
Ensuring healthy nutrition is the first step towards meeting all Millennium Development Goals. FAO's mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity and the quality of life of rural populations, and contribute to the growth of the world's economy. In emergency situations, when subsistence production and/or food access are threatened, it is crucial to provide vulnerable households with information, skills and motivation to make the most of the available food resources in order to preserve their diet and their nutritional wellbeing.
This "Nutrition Kit" aims to assist FAO staff to develop integrated food security and nutrition strategies for the most vulnerable and to implement corresponding joint programmes with its usual partners, particularly WFP and UNICEF.