- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
- Resilience programme in the Central African Republic (in FRENCH)05/04/2017
Connect with us
Georgia Agriculture Sector Bulletin - Winter 2011
The Winter 2011 edition of our Agriculture Sector Bulletin, summarizing some of last year’s main agricultural developments in Georgia. This edition brings together news and major achievements in the agriculture sector, including those implemented by the Government of Georgia, the private sector and international organizations.
One of the key themes of the current issue is the improvement of agricultural livelihoods for rural populations affected by the military conflict of August 2008. Approximately 26 000 internally displaced persons who are still unable to return to their homes live in 36 settlements in the provinces of Kakheti, Kvemo Kartli, Shida Kartli, and Mtskheta-Mtianeti. The Government of Georgia and numerous local and international organizations, including FAO, have been providing sizable support to the settlers to help them adjust to new living conditions and generate income through agriculture-based activities. This edition looks at the current situation and presents an assessment conducted by FAO within the framework of its ongoing projects.