- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
- Resilience programme in the Central African Republic (in FRENCH)05/04/2017
Connect with us
Georgia Agriculture Sector Bulletin - Winter 2012
As the previous ones, the present edition features the most recent developments and trends in the field of agriculture. One of the key themes of this bulletin is food safety, which is one of the necessary conditions of the conventionally acknowledged basic human rights – protection of the human health and life.
The Government of Georgia is taking further steps in the process of development of agriculture and improvement of food safety in the country. A Comprehensive Strategy and Legislative Approximation Programme in Food Safety has been elaborated, which was followed by the drafting of the Georgian Code on Food Safety, Veterinary and Plant Protection. Through these actions, Georgia demonstrates its commitment to embark on the process of negotiations to conclude the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement with the European Union.