- FAO - Belgium humanitarian partnership (in FRENCH)05/12/2016
- Burundi - Situation report December 201602/12/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation report November 201630/11/2016
- Northeast Nigeria - Situation report October/November 201624/11/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 22 November 201622/11/2016
Connect with us
Accountability to Affected Populations in Limited to No-Access Zones
Many major humanitarian crises involving natural disasters or conflict can present significant humanitarian access problems.
Barriers can include the absence of: physical access to populations or infrastructures due to geographical, political or conflict reasons adequate security time to consult population in life-threatening situations coherent social structures within displaced populations.
In 2011 the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Principals acknowledged the fundamental importance of accountability to affected populations and endorsed five commitments placing it at the core of its emergency policy and practice.