- Northeastern Nigeria - Situation report January 201719/01/2017
- Improving Food Security and Nutrition in Protracted Crises. Background Note19/01/2017
- Ethiopia - Situation report January 201717/01/2017
- Somalia Rapid Results Drought Response Plan 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
Connect with us
Accountability to Affected Populations in Limited to No-Access Zones
Many major humanitarian crises involving natural disasters or conflict can present significant humanitarian access problems.
Barriers can include the absence of: physical access to populations or infrastructures due to geographical, political or conflict reasons adequate security time to consult population in life-threatening situations coherent social structures within displaced populations.
In 2011 the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Principals acknowledged the fundamental importance of accountability to affected populations and endorsed five commitments placing it at the core of its emergency policy and practice.