- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 31 July 201531/07/2015
- South Sudan Crop Watch - July 2015 31/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
Connect with us
Accountability to Affected Populations in Limited to No-Access Zones
Many major humanitarian crises involving natural disasters or conflict can present significant humanitarian access problems.
Barriers can include the absence of: physical access to populations or infrastructures due to geographical, political or conflict reasons adequate security time to consult population in life-threatening situations coherent social structures within displaced populations.
In 2011 the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Principals acknowledged the fundamental importance of accountability to affected populations and endorsed five commitments placing it at the core of its emergency policy and practice.