- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
Democratic People's Republic of Korea: Special Emergency Programmes Service, November 2007
FAO’s interventions in the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea have helped to establish sustainable and improved working methods across many sectors. However, financial support for the double cropping programme is only assured until early 2008. The projects in 2007 supported the transition from emergency relief to long-term recovery programming by consolidating previous efforts and laying the groundwork for sound development of the agriculture and food security sectors. Projects that cover a longer timeframe are required for recovery and rehabilitation.
Activities for 2008 include a timely review of the agriculture sector and food security strategy with a view to strengthening the national seed sector, enhancing the double cropping programme and continuing horticultural production on cooperative farms and specialised fruit farms respectively. FAO in 2008 is also hoping to strengthen the recovery of both the fishery and livestock sub-sectors, support the formulation of a national forest protection policy and strategy, manage watershed and agroforestry activities on sloping lands and continue coordination of agricultural recovery and development programmes.