- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
- Food Security and Humanitarian Implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, December 2016—January 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
Democratic People's Republic of Korea: Special Emergency Programmes Service, November 2007
FAO’s interventions in the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea have helped to establish sustainable and improved working methods across many sectors. However, financial support for the double cropping programme is only assured until early 2008. The projects in 2007 supported the transition from emergency relief to long-term recovery programming by consolidating previous efforts and laying the groundwork for sound development of the agriculture and food security sectors. Projects that cover a longer timeframe are required for recovery and rehabilitation.
Activities for 2008 include a timely review of the agriculture sector and food security strategy with a view to strengthening the national seed sector, enhancing the double cropping programme and continuing horticultural production on cooperative farms and specialised fruit farms respectively. FAO in 2008 is also hoping to strengthen the recovery of both the fishery and livestock sub-sectors, support the formulation of a national forest protection policy and strategy, manage watershed and agroforestry activities on sloping lands and continue coordination of agricultural recovery and development programmes.