- Somalia Rapid Results Drought Response Plan 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
- Innovative "Productive Transfers" (CASH+) in Mali11/01/2017
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, November 2016 (in FRENCH)09/01/2017
- Burundi - Situation report December 201605/01/2017
Connect with us
FAO West Bank and Gaza Strip Newsletter - October 2008
FAO's main objective in the West Bank and Gaza Strip is to provide a safety net for food insecure farming/herding households whose traditional livelihoods are endangered and whose coping mechanisms are overstretched.
Food security information and analysis is also a key area for FAO in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, promoting inter-agency cooperation to address social protec-tion concerns.
FAO is currently managing a portfolio of eighteen current or pipeline projects across the region, benefiting more than 8000 house-holds, or 48,000 individuals, and with a budget totalling over US$ 16,000,000. These projects are funded by the Governments of Italy, Japan, Norway, Spain and Canada.
Inside this newsletter:
- Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools
- Khayrat Blady in Gaza
- Sheep Delivered to West Bank Women Farmers
- APIS Revitalization
- Olive Harvest
- Wells Project Update
- Bedouin Communities Receive Emergency Fodder