- Burundi - Situation report December 201602/12/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation report November 201630/11/2016
- Northeast Nigeria - Situation report October/November 201624/11/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 22 November 201622/11/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 17 November 201617/11/2016
Connect with us
FAO West Bank and Gaza Strip Newsletter - October 2008
FAO's main objective in the West Bank and Gaza Strip is to provide a safety net for food insecure farming/herding households whose traditional livelihoods are endangered and whose coping mechanisms are overstretched.
Food security information and analysis is also a key area for FAO in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, promoting inter-agency cooperation to address social protec-tion concerns.
FAO is currently managing a portfolio of eighteen current or pipeline projects across the region, benefiting more than 8000 house-holds, or 48,000 individuals, and with a budget totalling over US$ 16,000,000. These projects are funded by the Governments of Italy, Japan, Norway, Spain and Canada.
Inside this newsletter:
- Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools
- Khayrat Blady in Gaza
- Sheep Delivered to West Bank Women Farmers
- APIS Revitalization
- Olive Harvest
- Wells Project Update
- Bedouin Communities Receive Emergency Fodder