- FAO helps countries prevent and control Rift Valley Fever23/11/2015
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Programme for campaign No.3 (September 2015 to June 2016) (in FRENCH)19/11/2015
- 2015–2016 El Niño - Early action and response for agriculture, food security and nutrition - UPDATED11/11/2015
- Rapid Missions Update October 2014 - October 2015 - Crisis Management Centre - Animal Health (CMC-AH)01/11/2015
- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 20 October 201520/10/2015
Connect with us
FAO West Bank and Gaza Strip Newsletter - October 2008
FAO's main objective in the West Bank and Gaza Strip is to provide a safety net for food insecure farming/herding households whose traditional livelihoods are endangered and whose coping mechanisms are overstretched.
Food security information and analysis is also a key area for FAO in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, promoting inter-agency cooperation to address social protec-tion concerns.
FAO is currently managing a portfolio of eighteen current or pipeline projects across the region, benefiting more than 8000 house-holds, or 48,000 individuals, and with a budget totalling over US$ 16,000,000. These projects are funded by the Governments of Italy, Japan, Norway, Spain and Canada.
Inside this newsletter:
- Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools
- Khayrat Blady in Gaza
- Sheep Delivered to West Bank Women Farmers
- APIS Revitalization
- Olive Harvest
- Wells Project Update
- Bedouin Communities Receive Emergency Fodder