- Ethiopia - Situation report January 201717/01/2017
- Somalia Rapid Results Drought Response Plan 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
- Innovative "Productive Transfers" (CASH+) in Mali11/01/2017
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, November 2016 (in FRENCH)09/01/2017
Connect with us
FAO Sub-regional Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Office for West Africa/Sahel: Presentation of Activities, May 2010
Basing its approach in disaster risk management, FAO aims to reduce countries' vulnerability to crises, threats and emergencies through better preparation and integration of risk prevention and mitigation into policies, programmes and interventions. FAO also supports countries and partners to respond more effectively to crises and emergencies through interventions focused on food and agriculture. Finally, FAO provides assistance to countries and partners so that they can foster the transition and linkages between relief, rehabilitation and development.
In order to support the FAO Representations in the sub-region, Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Coordination Units (ERCUs) have been established in those countries where emergency response and recovery interventions are needed. The FAO’s Sub-Regional Office for Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation in West Africa/Sahel has been created to coordinate emergency interventions in the sub-region with other regional humanitarian actors.