- Ethiopia - Situation report January 201717/01/2017
- Somalia Rapid Results Drought Response Plan 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
- Innovative "Productive Transfers" (CASH+) in Mali11/01/2017
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, November 2016 (in FRENCH)09/01/2017
Connect with us
FAO Sub-regional Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Office for West Africa/Sahel: Presentation of Activities, January 2010
Within FAO, Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Coordination Units (ERCUs) are established in countries where interventions are necessary. The FAO’s Sub Regional Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Office for West Africa / Sahel was created in Dakar in 2006 in order to coordinate its emergency interventions in the sub region with the regional offices of other UN agencies, NGOs and humanitarian donors.
The Sub Regional Emergency Operations Office liaises and exchanges information with headquarters and ERCUs in the region and analyzes the food security situation in the context of prevention and crisis management. It works in association with regional offices of other agencies of the United Nations system, NGOs, ministerial technical services and regional organizations. This network helps to provide the humanitarian community with up to date information and analysis.