- Good to very good crops and pasture production expected for the 2016-2017 cropping season26/09/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, August 201626/09/2016
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report September 201623/09/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 29 – July 2016 (in FRENCH)21/09/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 28 – June 2016 (in FRENCH)20/09/2016
Connect with us
FAO Sub-regional Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Office for West Africa/Sahel: Presentation of Activities, January 2010
Within FAO, Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Coordination Units (ERCUs) are established in countries where interventions are necessary. The FAO’s Sub Regional Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Office for West Africa / Sahel was created in Dakar in 2006 in order to coordinate its emergency interventions in the sub region with the regional offices of other UN agencies, NGOs and humanitarian donors.
The Sub Regional Emergency Operations Office liaises and exchanges information with headquarters and ERCUs in the region and analyzes the food security situation in the context of prevention and crisis management. It works in association with regional offices of other agencies of the United Nations system, NGOs, ministerial technical services and regional organizations. This network helps to provide the humanitarian community with up to date information and analysis.