- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 10 May 201624/05/2016
- Transcending humanitarian-development divides - Changing people’s lives: from delivering aid to ending need24/05/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 23 May 201623/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
Connect with us
News Flash: "Apaladou" is welcomed, brings new hope to Karamoja
As we made our way to Kangole village in Napak district, dark clouds advanced in the same direction right above us. Suddenly, people yell in excitement and music and can be heard from a distance. The colourful crowd leads us to their “field” classroom. “Apalodou” or the one who brings clouds is officially welcomed.
“Ikinyaunitai” or welcome to Kangole, they say. He was later decorated with the traditional regalia and welcomed to the Karimojong community by elders. From now onwards, the Head of the European Union Delegation to Uganda, His Excellency Roberto Ridolfi had acquired a third name – “Apalodou”, at least whenever he will visit Karamoja.