- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
News Flash: "Apaladou" is welcomed, brings new hope to Karamoja
As we made our way to Kangole village in Napak district, dark clouds advanced in the same direction right above us. Suddenly, people yell in excitement and music and can be heard from a distance. The colourful crowd leads us to their “field” classroom. “Apalodou” or the one who brings clouds is officially welcomed.
“Ikinyaunitai” or welcome to Kangole, they say. He was later decorated with the traditional regalia and welcomed to the Karimojong community by elders. From now onwards, the Head of the European Union Delegation to Uganda, His Excellency Roberto Ridolfi had acquired a third name – “Apalodou”, at least whenever he will visit Karamoja.