- Dry corridor - Situation report June 201629/06/2016
- Recovery and rehabilitation of the dairy sector in Lebanon23/06/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/06/2016
- South Sudan Resilience Strategy 2016–201820/06/2016
- Seed Security Assessments (SSA)17/06/2016
Connect with us
News Flash: "Apaladou" is welcomed, brings new hope to Karamoja
As we made our way to Kangole village in Napak district, dark clouds advanced in the same direction right above us. Suddenly, people yell in excitement and music and can be heard from a distance. The colourful crowd leads us to their “field” classroom. “Apalodou” or the one who brings clouds is officially welcomed.
“Ikinyaunitai” or welcome to Kangole, they say. He was later decorated with the traditional regalia and welcomed to the Karimojong community by elders. From now onwards, the Head of the European Union Delegation to Uganda, His Excellency Roberto Ridolfi had acquired a third name – “Apalodou”, at least whenever he will visit Karamoja.