- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2015 deployments28/04/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – April 201625/04/2016
- 2015–2016 El Niño - Early action and response for agriculture, food security and nutrition - UPDATE #725/04/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 18 April 201618/04/2016
- South Sudan - Situation report April 201618/04/2016
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.