- Somalia Rapid Results Drought Response Plan 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
- Innovative "Productive Transfers" (CASH+) in Mali11/01/2017
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, November 2016 (in FRENCH)09/01/2017
- Burundi - Situation report December 201605/01/2017
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.