- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 27 November 201527/11/2015
- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, October 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin N. 23 - August-September 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Information bulletin November 2015 (in FRENCH)24/11/2015
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.