- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 31 July 201531/07/2015
- South Sudan Crop Watch - July 2015 31/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.