- Atelier de fin de Programme triénnal de réponse à l'invasion acridienne à Madagascar (in FRENCH)27/02/2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.