- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
- Resilience programme in the Central African Republic (in FRENCH)05/04/2017
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.