- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, September 201624/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 18 October 201619/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 12 October 201612/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 10 October 201611/10/2016
- FAO Philippines Newsletter - 2016 Issue 304/10/2016
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.