- FAO - Belgium humanitarian partnership (in FRENCH)05/12/2016
- Burundi - Situation report December 201602/12/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation report November 201630/11/2016
- Northeast Nigeria - Situation report October/November 201624/11/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 22 November 201622/11/2016
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Conservation Agriculture
The economy of Zimbabwe – a country once considered the breadbasket of southern Africa – is beginning to turn around after a decade-long recession that saw sharp drops in agricultural production, reduced incomes and food shortages. Roughly 70 percent of the country makes a living from agriculture, so a strong agriculture sector is key to Zimbabwe’s economic recovery. Adopting more environmentally-friendly and sustainable cropping practices, such as conservation agriculture, could help boost farm productivity and profitability – and reduce the country’s dependence on external aid.