- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
- FAO response to the crisis in northeast Nigeria19/08/2016
Connect with us
Towards Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
The Dinas Kelautan dan Perikanan (DKP) of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (NAD) Province, with technical support from the FAO of the UN and the financial support of the American Red Cross, is implementing Project OSRO/INS/601/ARC for the “Rehabilitation and sustainable development of marine fisheries and aquaculture affected by the tsunami in Aceh Province, Indonesia”.
The project is working to support the sustainable development of Aceh's fisheries and aquaculture sector through training and capacity building, securing livelihoods and building dynamic communities. Activities are aimed to benefit a wide range of people in the tsunami affected areas, from fishermen to government staff - and to build on the infrastructure investments already made in Aceh by other donor agencies during the past 3 years.