- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 10 May 201624/05/2016
- Transcending humanitarian-development divides - Changing people’s lives: from delivering aid to ending need24/05/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 23 May 201623/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
Connect with us
Towards Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
The Dinas Kelautan dan Perikanan (DKP) of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (NAD) Province, with technical support from the FAO of the UN and the financial support of the American Red Cross, is implementing Project OSRO/INS/601/ARC for the “Rehabilitation and sustainable development of marine fisheries and aquaculture affected by the tsunami in Aceh Province, Indonesia”.
The project is working to support the sustainable development of Aceh's fisheries and aquaculture sector through training and capacity building, securing livelihoods and building dynamic communities. Activities are aimed to benefit a wide range of people in the tsunami affected areas, from fishermen to government staff - and to build on the infrastructure investments already made in Aceh by other donor agencies during the past 3 years.