- Northeast Nigeria - Situation report September 201628/09/2016
- eLocust3: An innovative tool for crop pest control28/09/2016
- Good to very good crops and pasture production expected for the 2016-2017 cropping season26/09/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, August 201626/09/2016
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report September 201623/09/2016
Connect with us
Towards Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
The Dinas Kelautan dan Perikanan (DKP) of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (NAD) Province, with technical support from the FAO of the UN and the financial support of the American Red Cross, is implementing Project OSRO/INS/601/ARC for the “Rehabilitation and sustainable development of marine fisheries and aquaculture affected by the tsunami in Aceh Province, Indonesia”.
The project is working to support the sustainable development of Aceh's fisheries and aquaculture sector through training and capacity building, securing livelihoods and building dynamic communities. Activities are aimed to benefit a wide range of people in the tsunami affected areas, from fishermen to government staff - and to build on the infrastructure investments already made in Aceh by other donor agencies during the past 3 years.