- South Sudan - Situation report 20 July 201628/07/2016
- Monitoring food security in countries with conflict situations: A joint FAO/WFP update for the United Nations Security Council (July 2016)28/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
Connect with us
FAO Emergency Programme in Peru 2008: Farmers of Yauyos are mobilized to recover their livelihoods after the earthquake
Percy Hurtado Navarro is the President of the rural community of Santo Domingo, affiliated with more than livestock 70 farmers. He coordinates with local institutions, authorities, water commissions and international humanitarian agencies in order to rehabilitate the irrigation infrastructures damaged by the earthquake that affected Peru, on 15 August 2007. Percy, and the majority of farmers in the area, were affected by the earthquake.
FAO is carrying out emergency support activities with resources from the Central Fund Emergency Response (CERF), and other donors. The local governments in the regions of Lima, Ica, Ayacucho and Huancavelica, the Management Program for Watershed PRONAMACHS and the regional offices of the Ministry of Agriculture are participating in needs assessments and the distribution of tools, seeds and other productive inputs to their respective areas - sometimes hard to reach because of difficult climate circumstances and limited road access.