- Northeast Nigeria - Situation report September 201628/09/2016
- eLocust3: An innovative tool for crop pest control28/09/2016
- Good to very good crops and pasture production expected for the 2016-2017 cropping season26/09/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, August 201626/09/2016
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report September 201623/09/2016
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Electronic Vouchers for Agricultural Inputs
After a decade of economic decline, marked by hyperinflation, high unemployment rates and steep drops in agricultural production, Zimbabwe’s economy is beginning to bounce back.
And with that, support for the country’s smallholder farmers – numbering over 1.5 million – is moving away from free handouts to more innovative, market-based approaches. One such approach is the use of electronic vouchers to buy agricultural inputs.