- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
- FAO response to the crisis in northeast Nigeria19/08/2016
Connect with us
Zimbabwe: Electronic Vouchers for Agricultural Inputs
After a decade of economic decline, marked by hyperinflation, high unemployment rates and steep drops in agricultural production, Zimbabwe’s economy is beginning to bounce back.
And with that, support for the country’s smallholder farmers – numbering over 1.5 million – is moving away from free handouts to more innovative, market-based approaches. One such approach is the use of electronic vouchers to buy agricultural inputs.