- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 21 july 201521/07/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June 2015 13/07/2015
Connect with us
FAO Zimbabwe Factsheet
FAO's mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy. The activities of the FAO Zimbabwe are performed by the Regular Programme and by the Emergency Rehabilitation & Coordination Unit (ERCU).
The Regular Programme focuses on development while the ERCU deals with emergency and relief work. The two entities work hand-in-hand to provide a range of technical services and assistance to the Government of Zimbabwe, humanitarian institutions, smallholder farmers and other stakeholders with the ultimate objective of improving agriculture in the country. The emphasis of the humanitarian support is on smallholder households whose livelihoods are based on agriculture (mainly cropping and livestock).