- Northeastern Nigeria - Situation report January 201719/01/2017
- Improving Food Security and Nutrition in Protracted Crises. Background Note19/01/2017
- Ethiopia - Situation report January 201717/01/2017
- Somalia Rapid Results Drought Response Plan 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
Connect with us
FAO Zimbabwe Factsheet
FAO's mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy. The activities of the FAO Zimbabwe are performed by the Regular Programme and by the Emergency Rehabilitation & Coordination Unit (ERCU).
The Regular Programme focuses on development while the ERCU deals with emergency and relief work. The two entities work hand-in-hand to provide a range of technical services and assistance to the Government of Zimbabwe, humanitarian institutions, smallholder farmers and other stakeholders with the ultimate objective of improving agriculture in the country. The emphasis of the humanitarian support is on smallholder households whose livelihoods are based on agriculture (mainly cropping and livestock).