- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D05 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)06/07/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – July 201606/07/2016
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - October 2012
This month FAO marked World Food Day, an important day set aside each year to reflect on food security issues and ways FAO and its development partners worldwide can work together to eliminate hunger and poverty. This year’s events across the globe focused on agricultural cooperatives as a vital way through which people can lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
The World Food Day official ceremony in Sudan was held in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture. Cooperatives have the potential to solve the world’s food security problems. In Sudan, FAO and its partners are supporting small producers to become more productive and to work collectively to have better access to markets, as one way of achieving improved food security.