- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - October 2012
This month FAO marked World Food Day, an important day set aside each year to reflect on food security issues and ways FAO and its development partners worldwide can work together to eliminate hunger and poverty. This year’s events across the globe focused on agricultural cooperatives as a vital way through which people can lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
The World Food Day official ceremony in Sudan was held in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture. Cooperatives have the potential to solve the world’s food security problems. In Sudan, FAO and its partners are supporting small producers to become more productive and to work collectively to have better access to markets, as one way of achieving improved food security.