- South Sudan - Situation report 24 October 201625/10/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, September 201624/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 18 October 201619/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 12 October 201612/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 10 October 201611/10/2016
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - October 2012
This month FAO marked World Food Day, an important day set aside each year to reflect on food security issues and ways FAO and its development partners worldwide can work together to eliminate hunger and poverty. This year’s events across the globe focused on agricultural cooperatives as a vital way through which people can lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
The World Food Day official ceremony in Sudan was held in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture. Cooperatives have the potential to solve the world’s food security problems. In Sudan, FAO and its partners are supporting small producers to become more productive and to work collectively to have better access to markets, as one way of achieving improved food security.