- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
Food Security Sector Update Storm Damage and Response
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades in the West Bank and Gaza Strip brought rainfall exceeding between 95% to 177% in the West Bank and 70% to 119% in the Gaza Strip of the normal for the same period.
- MoA reported an estimated 5,700 dunums of partially or completely damaged greenhouse and open field crop farms and 660 animal sheds throughout the West Bank. In the Gaza Strip, around 3089 dunums of greenhouses, 16,800 poultry birds, 43 sheep and 130 animals sheds were reportedly destroyed.
- Approximately 3500 farmer households (19,250 beneficiaries) will require emergency food assistance. Final needs assessment figures will be provided by the Palestinian Authority.