- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
- FAO response to the crisis in northeast Nigeria19/08/2016
Connect with us
Food Security Sector Update Storm Damage and Response
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades in the West Bank and Gaza Strip brought rainfall exceeding between 95% to 177% in the West Bank and 70% to 119% in the Gaza Strip of the normal for the same period.
- MoA reported an estimated 5,700 dunums of partially or completely damaged greenhouse and open field crop farms and 660 animal sheds throughout the West Bank. In the Gaza Strip, around 3089 dunums of greenhouses, 16,800 poultry birds, 43 sheep and 130 animals sheds were reportedly destroyed.
- Approximately 3500 farmer households (19,250 beneficiaries) will require emergency food assistance. Final needs assessment figures will be provided by the Palestinian Authority.