- Northeast Nigeria - Situation report September 201628/09/2016
- eLocust3: An innovative tool for crop pest control28/09/2016
- Good to very good crops and pasture production expected for the 2016-2017 cropping season26/09/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, August 201626/09/2016
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report September 201623/09/2016
Connect with us
Food Security Sector Update Storm Damage and Response
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades in the West Bank and Gaza Strip brought rainfall exceeding between 95% to 177% in the West Bank and 70% to 119% in the Gaza Strip of the normal for the same period.
- MoA reported an estimated 5,700 dunums of partially or completely damaged greenhouse and open field crop farms and 660 animal sheds throughout the West Bank. In the Gaza Strip, around 3089 dunums of greenhouses, 16,800 poultry birds, 43 sheep and 130 animals sheds were reportedly destroyed.
- Approximately 3500 farmer households (19,250 beneficiaries) will require emergency food assistance. Final needs assessment figures will be provided by the Palestinian Authority.