- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D04 - February 2015 (in FRENCH)22/04/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D03 - January 2015 (in FRENCH)17/04/2015
- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2014 deployments16/04/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update March/April 201515/04/2015
- FAO against hunger in Madagascar, Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles - Newsletter N. 4 March 2015 (in FRENCH)14/04/2015
Connect with us
Food Security Watch West Bank and Gaza Strip - January 2013
Tags: WEST BANK & GAZA STRIP, NEAR EAST, STORMS, REPORT, FOOD SECURITY, FLOODS, LIVESTOCK MORTALITY, VACCINATION,
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades brought strong winds, snow, heavy rain and floods damaging animal shelters and causing livestock mortality. As risks of disease increase and mortality rates increase, response by the livestock working group (NGOs, MoA and UN) has been prioritised. The distribution of vaccines is on-going and animal shelter rehabilitation planned.
- Delayed wage payments amidst a period of high unemployment and rising consumer prices will force households to resort to negative coping strategies such as accruing higher debts, drawing on life savings, selling assets and defaulting on utility bills.