- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen27/03/2017
- Ethiopia - Drought response plan and priorities in 201723/03/2017
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 16 March 201716/03/2017
- Somalia - Famine prevention and drought response plan February-July 201714/03/2017
- Yemen - Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan14/03/2017
Connect with us
Food Security Watch West Bank and Gaza Strip - January 2013
Tags: WEST BANK & GAZA STRIP, NEAR EAST, STORMS, REPORT, FOOD SECURITY, FLOODS, LIVESTOCK MORTALITY, VACCINATION,
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades brought strong winds, snow, heavy rain and floods damaging animal shelters and causing livestock mortality. As risks of disease increase and mortality rates increase, response by the livestock working group (NGOs, MoA and UN) has been prioritised. The distribution of vaccines is on-going and animal shelter rehabilitation planned.
- Delayed wage payments amidst a period of high unemployment and rising consumer prices will force households to resort to negative coping strategies such as accruing higher debts, drawing on life savings, selling assets and defaulting on utility bills.