- Phased Agricultural Livelihood Needs Assessment Framework and Tools31/08/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation Report August 201630/08/2016
- Northeast Nigeria - Situation Report August 201625/08/2016
- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
Connect with us
Food Security Watch West Bank and Gaza Strip - January 2013
Tags: WEST BANK & GAZA STRIP, NEAR EAST, STORMS, REPORT, FOOD SECURITY, FLOODS, LIVESTOCK MORTALITY, VACCINATION,
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades brought strong winds, snow, heavy rain and floods damaging animal shelters and causing livestock mortality. As risks of disease increase and mortality rates increase, response by the livestock working group (NGOs, MoA and UN) has been prioritised. The distribution of vaccines is on-going and animal shelter rehabilitation planned.
- Delayed wage payments amidst a period of high unemployment and rising consumer prices will force households to resort to negative coping strategies such as accruing higher debts, drawing on life savings, selling assets and defaulting on utility bills.