- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
- Land Tenure Journal themed edition on Disaster Risk Management24/06/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D12 - April 2015 (in FRENCH)22/06/2015
Connect with us
Food Security Watch West Bank and Gaza Strip - January 2013
Tags: WEST BANK & GAZA STRIP, NEAR EAST, STORMS, REPORT, FOOD SECURITY, FLOODS, LIVESTOCK MORTALITY, VACCINATION,
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades brought strong winds, snow, heavy rain and floods damaging animal shelters and causing livestock mortality. As risks of disease increase and mortality rates increase, response by the livestock working group (NGOs, MoA and UN) has been prioritised. The distribution of vaccines is on-going and animal shelter rehabilitation planned.
- Delayed wage payments amidst a period of high unemployment and rising consumer prices will force households to resort to negative coping strategies such as accruing higher debts, drawing on life savings, selling assets and defaulting on utility bills.