- South Sudan - Situation report 20 July 201628/07/2016
- Monitoring food security in countries with conflict situations: A joint FAO/WFP update for the United Nations Security Council (July 2016)28/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
Connect with us
Food Security Watch West Bank and Gaza Strip - January 2013
Tags: WEST BANK & GAZA STRIP, NEAR EAST, STORMS, REPORT, FOOD SECURITY, FLOODS, LIVESTOCK MORTALITY, VACCINATION,
- Strongest recorded winter storm in recent decades brought strong winds, snow, heavy rain and floods damaging animal shelters and causing livestock mortality. As risks of disease increase and mortality rates increase, response by the livestock working group (NGOs, MoA and UN) has been prioritised. The distribution of vaccines is on-going and animal shelter rehabilitation planned.
- Delayed wage payments amidst a period of high unemployment and rising consumer prices will force households to resort to negative coping strategies such as accruing higher debts, drawing on life savings, selling assets and defaulting on utility bills.