- Northeast Nigeria - Situation Report August 201625/08/2016
- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
Connect with us
West Bank and Gaza Strip - Executive Brief 21 November 2012
- Donor funding committed to FAO: The West Bank and Gaza Strip portfolio currently consists of 9 ongoing projects, with a total value of USD 17.6 million, and three projects in the pipeline, valued at USD 9.9 million in total.
- Main donors include: Belgium, Canada, the European Commission, Italy and Spain, as well as funding through the United Nations Trust Fund for Human Security (UNTFHS).
- FAO’s emergency programme is reaching around 12 900 vulnerable households in the West Bank and Gaza Strip dependent on agriculture (equivalent to 70 950 women, men and children).
- Increasing support is needed in the areas of:
- FAO Plan of Action (PoA) Component 1: Support to the fishing industry (including aquaculture) in the Gaza Strip and interventions to support the livelihoods of vulnerable communities (farmers and herders) in Area C;
- FAO PoA Component 2: Support to private sector stakeholders (farmers, agribusiness, associations and cooperatives) suffering from insufficient knowledge of modern agricultural practices and farm management and often lacking up-to-date equipment;
- FAO PoA Component 4: Strengthening food safety standards, regulatory framework and infrastructure in the West Bank and Gaza Strip; and
- FAO PoA Component 6: Evidence-based information analysis and coordination.