- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
- Food Security and Humanitarian Implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, December 2016—January 201710/02/2017
- Caisses de résilience in Mali03/02/2017
Connect with us
West Bank and Gaza Strip - Executive Brief 21 November 2012
- Donor funding committed to FAO: The West Bank and Gaza Strip portfolio currently consists of 9 ongoing projects, with a total value of USD 17.6 million, and three projects in the pipeline, valued at USD 9.9 million in total.
- Main donors include: Belgium, Canada, the European Commission, Italy and Spain, as well as funding through the United Nations Trust Fund for Human Security (UNTFHS).
- FAO’s emergency programme is reaching around 12 900 vulnerable households in the West Bank and Gaza Strip dependent on agriculture (equivalent to 70 950 women, men and children).
- Increasing support is needed in the areas of:
- FAO Plan of Action (PoA) Component 1: Support to the fishing industry (including aquaculture) in the Gaza Strip and interventions to support the livelihoods of vulnerable communities (farmers and herders) in Area C;
- FAO PoA Component 2: Support to private sector stakeholders (farmers, agribusiness, associations and cooperatives) suffering from insufficient knowledge of modern agricultural practices and farm management and often lacking up-to-date equipment;
- FAO PoA Component 4: Strengthening food safety standards, regulatory framework and infrastructure in the West Bank and Gaza Strip; and
- FAO PoA Component 6: Evidence-based information analysis and coordination.