- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 201728/03/2017
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.3 (September 2015 – July 2016) (IN FRENCH)28/03/2017
- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen27/03/2017
- Ethiopia - Drought response plan and priorities in 201723/03/2017
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 16 March 201716/03/2017
Connect with us
Managing cassava virus diseases in Africa: The Regional Cassava Initiative
Cultivated mainly on marginal lands by small-scale farmers, cassava is an inexpensive and essential part of the diet of vulnerable communities across Africa. Millions of people depend on the crop.
Two virus diseases are now threatening the cassava production in East and Central Africa. With funding from the European Union, the Regional Cassava Initiative was rolled out to support smallholders and to prevent further spread of the diseases. Over 100,000 households benefited from the project, strengthening the livelihoods of 500,000 people.