- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D05 - February 2015 (in FRENCH)05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake - Executive brief 30 April 201530/04/2015
- Special Fund for Emergency and Rehabilitation Activities (SFERA) - Annual Report (Jan - Dec 2014)30/04/2015
- Enhancing food safety early warning systems in East Africa27/04/2015
- Trained assessment practitioner database25/04/2015
Connect with us
Managing cassava virus diseases in Africa: The Regional Cassava Initiative
Cultivated mainly on marginal lands by small-scale farmers, cassava is an inexpensive and essential part of the diet of vulnerable communities across Africa. Millions of people depend on the crop.
Two virus diseases are now threatening the cassava production in East and Central Africa. With funding from the European Union, the Regional Cassava Initiative was rolled out to support smallholders and to prevent further spread of the diseases. Over 100,000 households benefited from the project, strengthening the livelihoods of 500,000 people.