- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D18 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)26/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D17 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)18/08/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, July 2015 18/08/2015
- South Sudan Livestock Crisis - August 201517/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D16 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)14/08/2015
Connect with us
Managing cassava virus diseases in Africa: The Regional Cassava Initiative
Cultivated mainly on marginal lands by small-scale farmers, cassava is an inexpensive and essential part of the diet of vulnerable communities across Africa. Millions of people depend on the crop.
Two virus diseases are now threatening the cassava production in East and Central Africa. With funding from the European Union, the Regional Cassava Initiative was rolled out to support smallholders and to prevent further spread of the diseases. Over 100,000 households benefited from the project, strengthening the livelihoods of 500,000 people.