- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
- Food Security and Humanitarian Implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, December 2016—January 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
Better policies, stronger communities
The Horn of Africa (HoA) is one of the most food-insecure regions in the world. The 2011 drought affected more than 13 million people at the peak of the crisis, causing massive food insecurity and famine.
Given the complex nature of crises affecting the region, which often occur simultaneously and can be protracted over a long period of time, coordinated action towards adopting a more holistic approach to disaster risk management is needed.