- Northeast Nigeria - Situation Report August 201625/08/2016
- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
Connect with us
Better policies, stronger communities
The Horn of Africa (HoA) is one of the most food-insecure regions in the world. The 2011 drought affected more than 13 million people at the peak of the crisis, causing massive food insecurity and famine.
Given the complex nature of crises affecting the region, which often occur simultaneously and can be protracted over a long period of time, coordinated action towards adopting a more holistic approach to disaster risk management is needed.