- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D05 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)06/07/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – July 201606/07/2016
Connect with us
Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) - 2nd edition
Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) is a set of international guidelines and stadards for designing, implementating, and evaluating livestock interventions to help people affected by humanitarrian crises. LEGS is based on three livelihoods objectives: to provide rapid assistance, to protect livestock assets, and to rebuild the livestock assets of crisis-affected communities.
LEGS supports the saving of both lives and livelihoods through two key strategies:
- LEGS helps identify the most appropriate livestock interventions in emergencies,
- LEGS provides standards, key actions, and guidance notes for these interventions based on good practice.