- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
- Land Tenure Journal themed edition on Disaster Risk Management24/06/2015
Connect with us
Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) - 2nd edition
Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) is a set of international guidelines and stadards for designing, implementating, and evaluating livestock interventions to help people affected by humanitarrian crises. LEGS is based on three livelihoods objectives: to provide rapid assistance, to protect livestock assets, and to rebuild the livestock assets of crisis-affected communities.
LEGS supports the saving of both lives and livelihoods through two key strategies:
- LEGS helps identify the most appropriate livestock interventions in emergencies,
- LEGS provides standards, key actions, and guidance notes for these interventions based on good practice.