- Resilience analysis in Sudan: a policy brief03/05/2016
- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2015 deployments28/04/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – April 201625/04/2016
- 2015–2016 El Niño - Early action and response for agriculture, food security and nutrition - UPDATE #725/04/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 18 April 201618/04/2016
Connect with us
Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) - 2nd edition
Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) is a set of international guidelines and stadards for designing, implementating, and evaluating livestock interventions to help people affected by humanitarrian crises. LEGS is based on three livelihoods objectives: to provide rapid assistance, to protect livestock assets, and to rebuild the livestock assets of crisis-affected communities.
LEGS supports the saving of both lives and livelihoods through two key strategies:
- LEGS helps identify the most appropriate livestock interventions in emergencies,
- LEGS provides standards, key actions, and guidance notes for these interventions based on good practice.