- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2015 deployments28/04/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – April 201625/04/2016
- 2015–2016 El Niño - Early action and response for agriculture, food security and nutrition - UPDATE #725/04/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 18 April 201618/04/2016
- South Sudan - Situation report April 201618/04/2016
Connect with us
Syria Crisis - Executive brief 4 July 2013
- Recent figures: 6.8 million people in need, including 4.25 million internally displaced; 1.7 million refugees in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey; over 90 000 lives lost to violence in Syria.
- Largest ever humanitarian appeal: USD 4.4 billion (revised June 2013; duration Jan–Dec 2013): Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan (SHARP): USD 1.4 billion Regional Response Plan 5 (RRP5): USD 3.0 billion
- FAO: 5 critical areas of intervention within SHARP, requiring USD 41.7 million.
1. 2013 cereal planting campaign 2. Emergency livestock support 3. Backyard food production 4. Irrigation repair (cash-for-work) 5. Food security information (collection, analysis, dissemination)
- FAO funding requirements met at 8 percent against the 2013 SHARP, with contributions from the Central Emergency Response Fund, South Africa, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- FAO urgent call for funds – 2013 cereal planting and livestock support. Critical funding is needed to provide farmers with fertilizer & seeds to plant in autumn (funds required by August) and to safeguard livestock assets and health.