- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 25 September 2013
During the past few weeks, prevailing southwesterly winds and vegetation drying-‐out favored the movement of swarms from the outbreak area (southwest of Madagascar) towards the western and northeastern parts of the invasion area.
More reports of swarms as well as damage to young plants of rice and maize were reported from Maintirano, Tsiroanomandidy, Soavinandriana and Faratsiho areas. In addition, some non-‐gregarious locust populations already matured, and egg-‐laying started in the central part of the outbreak area (Ranohira and Vavalovo).