- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 27 November 201527/11/2015
- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, October 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin N. 23 - August-September 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Information bulletin November 2015 (in FRENCH)24/11/2015
Connect with us
Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 25 September 2013
During the past few weeks, prevailing southwesterly winds and vegetation drying-‐out favored the movement of swarms from the outbreak area (southwest of Madagascar) towards the western and northeastern parts of the invasion area.
More reports of swarms as well as damage to young plants of rice and maize were reported from Maintirano, Tsiroanomandidy, Soavinandriana and Faratsiho areas. In addition, some non-‐gregarious locust populations already matured, and egg-‐laying started in the central part of the outbreak area (Ranohira and Vavalovo).