- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D03 - January 2015 (in FRENCH)17/04/2015
- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2014 deployments16/04/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update March/April 201515/04/2015
- FAO against hunger in Madagascar, Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles - Newsletter N. 4 March 2015 (in FRENCH)14/04/2015
- Joint Press Release on Food and Nutritional Situation in the Sahel and West Africa10/04/2015
Connect with us
Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 25 September 2013
During the past few weeks, prevailing southwesterly winds and vegetation drying-‐out favored the movement of swarms from the outbreak area (southwest of Madagascar) towards the western and northeastern parts of the invasion area.
More reports of swarms as well as damage to young plants of rice and maize were reported from Maintirano, Tsiroanomandidy, Soavinandriana and Faratsiho areas. In addition, some non-‐gregarious locust populations already matured, and egg-‐laying started in the central part of the outbreak area (Ranohira and Vavalovo).