- Ethiopia - Drought response plan and priorities in 201723/03/2017
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 16 March 201716/03/2017
- Somalia - Famine prevention and drought response plan February-July 201714/03/2017
- Yemen - Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan14/03/2017
- South Sudan - Situation report 28 February 201728/02/2017
Connect with us
Guidance Note - Cash-based transfers in FAO's humanitarian and transition programming
FAO supports cash-based transfer (CT) programmes linked to agriculture and food security that promote markets and decent rural employment, and increase access to agricultural inputs, goods, services and essential infrastructure by rural populations.
CTs should be embedded within an agriculture programme approach. The decision to use cashbased transfers in conjunction with, or in place of, direct transfers is based on needs assessment, market analysis and review of response options and capacities.
CT’s require strategic partnerships throughout the programme cycle with: local authorities and relevant ministries; national andregional/provincial disaster management authorities; civil society.
CT’s provide an opportunity to strengthen and promote linkages with the private sector such as traders, producers and financial institutions, CTs used within emergency and rehabilitation contexts should be embedded within and support longer-term development and social protection initiatives.