- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 27 May 201527/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D08 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)26/05/2015
- Controlling fruit fly pest by releasing sterile male insects22/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine (in FRENCH)21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D07 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)20/05/2015
Connect with us
Guidance Note - Cash-based transfers in FAO's humanitarian and transition programming
FAO supports cash-based transfer (CT) programmes linked to agriculture and food security that promote markets and decent rural employment, and increase access to agricultural inputs, goods, services and essential infrastructure by rural populations.
CTs should be embedded within an agriculture programme approach. The decision to use cashbased transfers in conjunction with, or in place of, direct transfers is based on needs assessment, market analysis and review of response options and capacities.
CT’s require strategic partnerships throughout the programme cycle with: local authorities and relevant ministries; national andregional/provincial disaster management authorities; civil society.
CT’s provide an opportunity to strengthen and promote linkages with the private sector such as traders, producers and financial institutions, CTs used within emergency and rehabilitation contexts should be embedded within and support longer-term development and social protection initiatives.