- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 31 July 201531/07/2015
- South Sudan Crop Watch - July 2015 31/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
Connect with us
Puntland Cyclone Disaster Response Update
On 10 November 2013, the coast of the Puntland region of Somalia was hit by a tropical cyclone causing heavy rainfall and flash floods. FAO Somalia’s Water and Land Information Management project (SWALIM) provided timely early warning information to the Government’s Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management Agency (HADMA) and to the Golis telephone company for rapid dissemination of alerts.
The Puntland authorities declared this a natural disaster on 11 November 2013. The districts of Eyl, Bandarbayla and Qardho (Dangorayo area only) were hardest hit as illustrated in the maps below showing the distribution of precipitations and the flooded areas.