- Atelier de fin de Programme triénnal de réponse à l'invasion acridienne à Madagascar (in FRENCH)27/02/2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
Puntland Cyclone Disaster Response Update
On 10 November 2013, the coast of the Puntland region of Somalia was hit by a tropical cyclone causing heavy rainfall and flash floods. FAO Somalia’s Water and Land Information Management project (SWALIM) provided timely early warning information to the Government’s Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management Agency (HADMA) and to the Golis telephone company for rapid dissemination of alerts.
The Puntland authorities declared this a natural disaster on 11 November 2013. The districts of Eyl, Bandarbayla and Qardho (Dangorayo area only) were hardest hit as illustrated in the maps below showing the distribution of precipitations and the flooded areas.