- Controlling fruit fly pest by releasing sterile male insects22/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine (in FRENCH)21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D07 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)20/05/2015
- The Impact of Natural Hazards and Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security and Nutrition - Updated May 201517/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake - Executive brief 15 May 201515/05/2015
Connect with us
Puntland Cyclone Disaster Response Update
On 10 November 2013, the coast of the Puntland region of Somalia was hit by a tropical cyclone causing heavy rainfall and flash floods. FAO Somalia’s Water and Land Information Management project (SWALIM) provided timely early warning information to the Government’s Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management Agency (HADMA) and to the Golis telephone company for rapid dissemination of alerts.
The Puntland authorities declared this a natural disaster on 11 November 2013. The districts of Eyl, Bandarbayla and Qardho (Dangorayo area only) were hardest hit as illustrated in the maps below showing the distribution of precipitations and the flooded areas.