- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, October 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin N. 23 - August-September 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Information bulletin November 2015 (in FRENCH)24/11/2015
- FAO helps countries prevent and control Rift Valley Fever23/11/2015
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Programme for campaign No.3 (September 2015 to June 2016) (in FRENCH)19/11/2015
Connect with us
Puntland Cyclone Disaster Response Update
On 10 November 2013, the coast of the Puntland region of Somalia was hit by a tropical cyclone causing heavy rainfall and flash floods. FAO Somalia’s Water and Land Information Management project (SWALIM) provided timely early warning information to the Government’s Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management Agency (HADMA) and to the Golis telephone company for rapid dissemination of alerts.
The Puntland authorities declared this a natural disaster on 11 November 2013. The districts of Eyl, Bandarbayla and Qardho (Dangorayo area only) were hardest hit as illustrated in the maps below showing the distribution of precipitations and the flooded areas.