- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report September 201623/09/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 29 – July 2016 (in FRENCH)21/09/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 28 – June 2016 (in FRENCH)20/09/2016
- Migration and protracted crises20/09/2016
- Iraq - Situation report September 201616/09/2016
Connect with us
Puntland Cyclone Disaster Response Update
On 10 November 2013, the coast of the Puntland region of Somalia was hit by a tropical cyclone causing heavy rainfall and flash floods. FAO Somalia’s Water and Land Information Management project (SWALIM) provided timely early warning information to the Government’s Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management Agency (HADMA) and to the Golis telephone company for rapid dissemination of alerts.
The Puntland authorities declared this a natural disaster on 11 November 2013. The districts of Eyl, Bandarbayla and Qardho (Dangorayo area only) were hardest hit as illustrated in the maps below showing the distribution of precipitations and the flooded areas.