- Atelier de fin de Programme triénnal de réponse à l'invasion acridienne à Madagascar (in FRENCH)27/02/2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
Typhoon Haiyan - Map of FAO rice seed distribution
The designations employed and the presentation of material in the map do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of FAO concerning the legal or constitutional status of any country, territory or sea area, or concerning the delimitation of frontiers.
On the 8th November 2013, Typhoon Haiyan (locally known as Yolanda) devastated the central Philippines killing more than 6,000 people, affecting another 14 million, and causing damage to an estimated 600 000 ha of farmland.
FAO is supporting almost 44 000 affected households with quality, certified rice seed following the devastation that Typhoon Haiyan left in its wake. This map illustrates FAO's rice intervention by municipility.