- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 31 July 201531/07/2015
- South Sudan Crop Watch - July 2015 31/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
Connect with us
Urgent action to support the resilience of vulnerable populations - Desert Locust threat in the Sahel-June 2012
Following unusual rains in late 2011 and early 2012, Desert Locust infestations were first reported in southwest Libya and in southeast Algeria in January 2012.
Despite insecurity along both sides of the border, more than 60 000 hectares have been treated by national teams, thanks to the support provided to Libya by FAO and the FAO Commission for Controlling the Desert Locust in the Western Region (CLCPRO). As ecological conditions dried out, locusts migrated south in the areas of recent rainfall in Niger and Mali from late May onwards.