- FAO's three-month response plan to Hurricane Matthew in Haiti26/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 25 October 201626/10/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation report October 201626/10/2016
- South Sudan - Situation report 24 October 201625/10/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, September 201624/10/2016
Connect with us
Report of the Secretary-General on the situation in the Sahel region June 2013
The present report is submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 2056 (2012), in which the Council requested me to develop and implement, in consultation with regional organizations, a United Nations integrated strategy for the Sahel region encompassing security, governance, development, human rights and humanitarian issues, and to resolution 2071 (2012), in which the Council welcomed my appointment of a Special Envoy for the Sahel to mobilize international efforts, formulate a United Nations integrated strategy for the Sahel and engage actively in defining the parameters of a comprehensive solution to the Malian crisis.
The report provides an update on the situation in the Sahel, the activities of my Special Envoy for the Sahel, Romano Prodi, since his appointment in October 2012, and the formulation of the United Nations integrated strategy for the Sahel (see annex), taking into account existing regional and international initiatives.