- Controlling fruit fly pest by releasing sterile male insects22/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine (in FRENCH)21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D07 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)20/05/2015
- The Impact of Natural Hazards and Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security and Nutrition - Updated May 201517/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake - Executive brief 15 May 201515/05/2015
Connect with us
Average date of onset of suitable conditions for planting in South Sudan
The designations employed and the presentation of material in the map do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of FAO concerning the legal or constitutional status of any country, territory or sea area, or concerning the delimitation of frontiers.
This map of South Sudan shows the average dates of onset of suitable conditions for land preparation and planting which may be interpreted as the dates by which populations need to be returned and appropriate security conditions ensured to avoid disruptions to the coming agricultural season.
Within the affected states, this translates into:
- Central Equatoria: mid-March to early-April
- Jonglei: mid-April to mid-May
- Unity: late April to late May
- Upper Nile: mid-May to late June