- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 201728/03/2017
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.3 (September 2015 – July 2016) (IN FRENCH)28/03/2017
- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen27/03/2017
- Ethiopia - Drought response plan and priorities in 201723/03/2017
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 16 March 201716/03/2017
Connect with us
Average date of onset of suitable conditions for planting in South Sudan
The designations employed and the presentation of material in the map do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of FAO concerning the legal or constitutional status of any country, territory or sea area, or concerning the delimitation of frontiers.
This map of South Sudan shows the average dates of onset of suitable conditions for land preparation and planting which may be interpreted as the dates by which populations need to be returned and appropriate security conditions ensured to avoid disruptions to the coming agricultural season.
Within the affected states, this translates into:
- Central Equatoria: mid-March to early-April
- Jonglei: mid-April to mid-May
- Unity: late April to late May
- Upper Nile: mid-May to late June