- Addressing avian influenza A(H7N9) - Guidelines for risk communication messaging25/09/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 21 September 201521/09/2015
- Disaster Risk Programme to strengthen resilience in the Dry Corridor in Central America21/09/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, August 201516/09/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update August/September 201514/09/2015
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Urgent Needs: 90-day Plan
FAO has renewed its commitment to realizing a hunger-free Horn of Africa, basing its support on four main principles:
- (i) governments and peoples commit to a hunger-free Horn of Africa;
- (ii) policies and institutions ensure the realization of a hunger-free Horn;
- (iii) increased investment in agriculture and food security promotes peace and prosperity; and
- (iv) successful programmes and innovations are scaled up for rapid impact.
To achieve this renewed commitment, FAO is prioritizing partnerships, capacity development and synergies. FAO’s country offices, subregional and regional offices, and headquarters are working closely to mobilize the full resources of the Organization and build a strong platform to achieve results.