- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
- FAO response to the crisis in northeast Nigeria19/08/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Urgent Needs: 90-day Plan
FAO has renewed its commitment to realizing a hunger-free Horn of Africa, basing its support on four main principles:
- (i) governments and peoples commit to a hunger-free Horn of Africa;
- (ii) policies and institutions ensure the realization of a hunger-free Horn;
- (iii) increased investment in agriculture and food security promotes peace and prosperity; and
- (iv) successful programmes and innovations are scaled up for rapid impact.
To achieve this renewed commitment, FAO is prioritizing partnerships, capacity development and synergies. FAO’s country offices, subregional and regional offices, and headquarters are working closely to mobilize the full resources of the Organization and build a strong platform to achieve results.