- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D05 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)06/07/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – July 201606/07/2016
- FAO Philippines Newsletter - 2016 Issue 205/07/2016
- La Niña: Early Warning - Early Action analysis for a potential La Niña in 2016/201705/07/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Urgent Needs: 90-day Plan
FAO has renewed its commitment to realizing a hunger-free Horn of Africa, basing its support on four main principles:
- (i) governments and peoples commit to a hunger-free Horn of Africa;
- (ii) policies and institutions ensure the realization of a hunger-free Horn;
- (iii) increased investment in agriculture and food security promotes peace and prosperity; and
- (iv) successful programmes and innovations are scaled up for rapid impact.
To achieve this renewed commitment, FAO is prioritizing partnerships, capacity development and synergies. FAO’s country offices, subregional and regional offices, and headquarters are working closely to mobilize the full resources of the Organization and build a strong platform to achieve results.