- Northeast Nigeria - Situation Report August 201625/08/2016
- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
Connect with us
ECTAD Vietnam Newsletter - October 2013 - February 2014
The Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) was asked to participate in the Ministerial level meeting on the H7N9 national preparedness plan.
H7N9 is a virus that causes influenza in poultry and human beings, and has been spreading in China since March 2013. With the detection of H7N9 in China’s Guangxi province, the virus directly threatens Viet Nam, which is just across the border and has active crossborder trade with China.