- Addressing avian influenza A(H7N9) - Guidelines for risk communication messaging25/09/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 21 September 201521/09/2015
- Disaster Risk Programme to strengthen resilience in the Dry Corridor in Central America21/09/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, August 201516/09/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update August/September 201514/09/2015
Connect with us
ECTAD Vietnam Newsletter - October 2013 - February 2014
The Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) was asked to participate in the Ministerial level meeting on the H7N9 national preparedness plan.
H7N9 is a virus that causes influenza in poultry and human beings, and has been spreading in China since March 2013. With the detection of H7N9 in China’s Guangxi province, the virus directly threatens Viet Nam, which is just across the border and has active crossborder trade with China.