- South Sudan - Situation report 24 October 201625/10/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, September 201624/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 18 October 201619/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 12 October 201612/10/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 10 October 201611/10/2016
Connect with us
ECTAD Vietnam Newsletter - October 2013 - February 2014
The Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) was asked to participate in the Ministerial level meeting on the H7N9 national preparedness plan.
H7N9 is a virus that causes influenza in poultry and human beings, and has been spreading in China since March 2013. With the detection of H7N9 in China’s Guangxi province, the virus directly threatens Viet Nam, which is just across the border and has active crossborder trade with China.