- South Sudan - Situation report 20 July 201628/07/2016
- Monitoring food security in countries with conflict situations: A joint FAO/WFP update for the United Nations Security Council (July 2016)28/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
Connect with us
ECTAD Vietnam Newsletter - October 2013 - February 2014
The Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) was asked to participate in the Ministerial level meeting on the H7N9 national preparedness plan.
H7N9 is a virus that causes influenza in poultry and human beings, and has been spreading in China since March 2013. With the detection of H7N9 in China’s Guangxi province, the virus directly threatens Viet Nam, which is just across the border and has active crossborder trade with China.