- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 21 july 201521/07/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June 2015 13/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 9 July 201513/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D14 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)09/07/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Post Disaster Needs Assessment Executive Summary06/07/2015
Connect with us
ECTAD Vietnam Newsletter - October 2013 - February 2014
The Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) was asked to participate in the Ministerial level meeting on the H7N9 national preparedness plan.
H7N9 is a virus that causes influenza in poultry and human beings, and has been spreading in China since March 2013. With the detection of H7N9 in China’s Guangxi province, the virus directly threatens Viet Nam, which is just across the border and has active crossborder trade with China.