- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2015 deployments28/04/2016
- El Niño: Preparedness and Response Situation Report – April 201625/04/2016
- 2015–2016 El Niño - Early action and response for agriculture, food security and nutrition - UPDATE #725/04/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 18 April 201618/04/2016
- South Sudan - Situation report April 201618/04/2016
Connect with us
Food Security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, March 2014
Tags: CRISIS IN THE SAHEL, SAHEL, WESTERN AFRICA, CENTRAL AFRICA, BURKINA FASO, CHAD, CAMEROON, GAMBIA, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGER, NIGERIA, SENEGAL, UN ROME-BASED FOOD AGENCIES, FAO-WFP,
- Seasonal precipitation forecasts indicate possible cumulative rainfall deficits in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone during the rainy season.
- The pastoralist situation is characterized by pasture depletion and the disruption of transhumance routes in conflict areas of the region.
- Market prices are decreasing or stable in most markets, partly due to weak demand from households.
- According to results of the PREGEC, 4,895,000 people are in the food security crisis phase or above in the Gambia, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Chad.