- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D18 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)26/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D17 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)18/08/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, July 2015 18/08/2015
- South Sudan Livestock Crisis - August 201517/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D16 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)14/08/2015
Connect with us
Food Security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, March 2014
Tags: CRISIS IN THE SAHEL, SAHEL, WESTERN AFRICA, CENTRAL AFRICA, BURKINA FASO, CHAD, CAMEROON, GAMBIA, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGER, NIGERIA, SENEGAL, UN ROME-BASED FOOD AGENCIES, FAO-WFP,
- Seasonal precipitation forecasts indicate possible cumulative rainfall deficits in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone during the rainy season.
- The pastoralist situation is characterized by pasture depletion and the disruption of transhumance routes in conflict areas of the region.
- Market prices are decreasing or stable in most markets, partly due to weak demand from households.
- According to results of the PREGEC, 4,895,000 people are in the food security crisis phase or above in the Gambia, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Chad.