- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
- Resilience programme in the Central African Republic (in FRENCH)05/04/2017
Connect with us
FAO in South Sudan - 2015 Emergency Livelihood Response Programme
Since the crisis erupted in December 2013, FAO in South Sudan has been committed to “stay and deliver”. Although attacks on FAO offices in state capitals and deep field locations in Jonglei, Upper Nile and Unity States initially forced the closure of offices and the displacement of some staff, FAO’s other seven offices remained open throughout the country. FAO South Sudan’s headquarters in Juba functioned as the constant centre of operations, always supported by a mixture of national and international personnel. The commitment to stay and deliver was facilitated by exceptionally high levels of engagement from FAO’s Regional Office for Africa in Accra, decentralized offices in Africa and headquarters in Rome.