- Northeastern Nigeria - Situation report January 201719/01/2017
- Improving Food Security and Nutrition in Protracted Crises. Background Note19/01/2017
- Ethiopia - Situation report January 201717/01/2017
- Rapid Results Drought Response Plan: Somalia 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
Connect with us
FAO in South Sudan - 2015 Emergency Livelihood Response Programme
Since the crisis erupted in December 2013, FAO in South Sudan has been committed to “stay and deliver”. Although attacks on FAO offices in state capitals and deep field locations in Jonglei, Upper Nile and Unity States initially forced the closure of offices and the displacement of some staff, FAO’s other seven offices remained open throughout the country. FAO South Sudan’s headquarters in Juba functioned as the constant centre of operations, always supported by a mixture of national and international personnel. The commitment to stay and deliver was facilitated by exceptionally high levels of engagement from FAO’s Regional Office for Africa in Accra, decentralized offices in Africa and headquarters in Rome.