- The Crisis Management Centre – Animal Health (CMC-AH) is a joint platform of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) to respond to animal disease emergencies. Based at FAO headquarters, CMC-AH combines FAO’s expertise with that of OIE, and liaises ...read more
- The report presents a comprehensive post disaster needs assessment exercise, launched simultaneously with response and relief efforts at the request of the Government of Nepal, with the objective to estimate damages and losses caused by the earthquake and to help identify recovery needs as well as strategy required for its ...read more
- Sufficient access to healthy and preferred seed for different crops is of fundamental importance for millions of households in the developing world. If good quality seed is scarce, then rural farming families struggle to make a sustainable livelihood, and are forced into coping strategies in order to meet food and ...read more
The Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak, which has severely affected the country since the beginning of the year resulted in a serious shock to the agriculture and food sectors in 2014. The epidemic started to spread when crops were being planted and grew during the crop maintenance period and expanded ...read more
The Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak, which has severely affected the country since the beginning of 2014, has seriously impacted on the agriculture and food sectors. The relatively high level of impact on food production, compared to Guinea and Sierra Leone, is primarily due to the much higher intensity of ...read more
The Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak resulted in a serious shock to the agriculture and food sectors in 2014. The epidemic started spreading when crops were being planted and expanded during the crop maintenance and the critical harvesting period for the staple crops rice, maize and cassava.
In Sierra Leone, the ...read more
- Since December 2013, FAO has been strengthening its team in the Central African Republic with the deployment of additional experts. The Organization is coordinating field missions, as well as opening sub-offices in the most affected areas of the crisis.
- This map of South Sudan shows the average dates of onset of suitable conditions for land preparation and planting which may be interpreted as the dates by which populations need to be returned and appropriate security conditions ensured to avoid disruptions to the coming agricultural season.
Within the affected states, this ...read more