- FAO supports cash-based transfer (CT) programmes linked to agriculture and food security that promote markets and decent rural employment, and increase access to agricultural inputs, goods, services and essential infrastructure by rural populations.
CTs should be embedded within an agriculture programme approach. The decision to use cashbased transfers in conjunction with, ...read more
- FAO is committed to placing accountability to people affected by disaster and conflict at the core of its emergency policy and practice, from preparedness and the onset of an emergency, through all phases of the programme cycle.
Accountability to affected populations (AAP) is a people-centred approach, sensitive to the dignity of ...read more
- One of the main causes of food insecurity for farmers in rural areas is limited access to agricultural inputs. Therefore, one strategy to address the vulnerability of food-insecure farmers is to improve smallholder access to these inputs. To this end, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) ...read more
- This paper responds to one of the stated activities in the project entitled “Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies”. The activity was to undertake a mapping of current response analysis tools, frameworks and processes as a precursor to development of the FAO Response Analysis Framework. During the ...read more
- The proposal to develop a Response Analysis Framework for food security in emergencies was grounded in the understanding that whilst situation analysis of food security has improved in recent years (through initiatives such as World Food Programme’s (WFP) Strengthening Emergency Needs Assessment Capacity (SENAC) project and the Integrated Phase Classification ...read more
- The great majority of communities affected by disasters in developing countries are directly or indirectly dependent on agriculture for their livelihoods. Early investment in rehabilitating the sources of livelihoods not only reduces the risk of protracted relief operations and displacement but also provides a sustainable and efficient means of return ...read more
- Despite considerable investment over the years by government and nongovernment actors, and despite a generally adequate availability of food on local markets, NTT remains one of the most food-insecure Provinces in Indonesia. Why does chronic and acute food insecurity and malnutrition persist at such high levels in the Province?
In order ...read more