- Damages and first response after Hurricane Matthew in Haiti06/12/2016
- Fishing in the rivers of South Sudan01/12/2016
- Reaping rewards: rebuilding lives and livelihoods in Northeast Nigeria15/11/2016
- Hurricane Matthew's devastating damages in Haiti27/10/2016
- Harvest at the community garden in South Sudan24/10/2016
Connect with us
The potential of fishing - South Sudan
In South Sudan, a country that traditionally prizes cattle herding above all other trades, there are calls now for greater support for fishing.
FAO experts say a fully developed fisheries industry could ensure jobs for tens of thousands more people, provide essential food resources and add 500 million USD to the economy.