- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crops planting assessment in South Sudan25/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
Connect with us
Seeds fair in Morobo - South Sudan
FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April.
There are at least 13 seed fairs, during its third year of the initiative, funded by a 500 000 Euro grant from the French government. In 2011, there were just eight. The first in 2012 took place in Morobo county, in Central Equatoria state, on the southernmost tip of South Sudan.