- Livestock distribution in Myanmar03/05/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions11/04/2016
- Strengthening resilience in the Dry Corridor in Honduras07/04/2016
- Destocking campaign in Ethiopia15/03/2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston at Fiji29/02/2016
Connect with us
Livestock protection in Darfur - Sudan
FAO recognizes that animals such as camels, cattle, goats and sheep are vital livelihood assets for many people in Darfur. To protect these assets, FAO conducts livestock vaccination and treatment campaigns. In this gallery you'll see rarely-seen images from the Jebel Marra mountain region in central Darfur, Sudan.
Insecurity including heavy fighting meant the area was cut-off from outside access for much of the last 10 years. Together with our implementing partners FAO has been able to help vulnerable pastoralist families at Jebel Marra and other locations in Darfur to protect their livestock assets.