- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Connect with us
Waterhole monitoring: High-tech drought preparedness and response - Kenya
Pastoral communities in Kenya depend on watering holes for their livestock. Water shortages have led to conflict among communities and for some pastoralists to give up their livelihood entirely.
Waterholes are therefore critical for survival. With funding from the European Union, FAO has piloted the programme in Turkana County, northwestern Kenya.