- Livestock distribution in Myanmar03/05/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions11/04/2016
- Strengthening resilience in the Dry Corridor in Honduras07/04/2016
- Destocking campaign in Ethiopia15/03/2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston at Fiji29/02/2016
Connect with us
Waterhole monitoring: High-tech drought preparedness and response - Kenya
Pastoral communities in Kenya depend on watering holes for their livestock. Water shortages have led to conflict among communities and for some pastoralists to give up their livelihood entirely.
Waterholes are therefore critical for survival. With funding from the European Union, FAO has piloted the programme in Turkana County, northwestern Kenya.