- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crops planting assessment in South Sudan25/08/2015
- End of ground control operations for 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar24/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
Connect with us
Waterhole monitoring: High-tech drought preparedness and response - Kenya
Pastoral communities in Kenya depend on watering holes for their livestock. Water shortages have led to conflict among communities and for some pastoralists to give up their livelihood entirely.
Waterholes are therefore critical for survival. With funding from the European Union, FAO has piloted the programme in Turkana County, northwestern Kenya.