- Vertical gardens in Lebanon25/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: supporting IDPs and host families engage in vegetable production21/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Seed4change campaign in the Central African Republic06/06/2016
Connect with us
Waterhole monitoring: High-tech drought preparedness and response - Kenya
Pastoral communities in Kenya depend on watering holes for their livestock. Water shortages have led to conflict among communities and for some pastoralists to give up their livelihood entirely.
Waterholes are therefore critical for survival. With funding from the European Union, FAO has piloted the programme in Turkana County, northwestern Kenya.