- Damage assessment after the earthquakes in Nepal20/05/2015
- Garden schools in Bangui07/05/2015
- Locust control in Madagascar04/05/2015
- Assessing fuel needs in camps for IDPs and surrounding communities in Myanmar16/04/2015
- Cleaning water channels in Bangui13/04/2015
Connect with us
Conservation agriculture - Zambia
From 2009 to 2012, FAO Zambia has been working with close to 600 extension staff from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to promote conservation agriculture to small-scale farming households, thanks to funding from the European Union Food Facility (EUFF).
Extension workers and farmers have learned about and applied the three aspects of conservation agriculture – minimal soil disturbance, maintenance of soil coverage and crop rotation – which has led to increased yields and improvements in soil structure, and significant reductions in soil erosion.