- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Mobile veterinary clinics10/04/2017
- Fighting vulnerable farmers’ food insecurity in Haiti23/03/2017
- Supporting fisheries in Somalia16/03/2017
- Fisheries on the White Nile river in South Sudan27/02/2017
Connect with us
Conservation agriculture - Zambia
From 2009 to 2012, FAO Zambia has been working with close to 600 extension staff from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to promote conservation agriculture to small-scale farming households, thanks to funding from the European Union Food Facility (EUFF).
Extension workers and farmers have learned about and applied the three aspects of conservation agriculture – minimal soil disturbance, maintenance of soil coverage and crop rotation – which has led to increased yields and improvements in soil structure, and significant reductions in soil erosion.