- FAO emergency rice seed distribution in Nepal nearly complete 01/06/2015
- Local seed sourcing and packaging in Nepal29/05/2015
- Damage assessment after the earthquakes in Nepal20/05/2015
- Garden schools in Bangui07/05/2015
- Locust control in Madagascar04/05/2015
Connect with us
Haiti earthquake: one year on
In response to the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, FAO has helped affected rural people to rebuild their livelihoods and supporting the integration and resettlement of displaced populations. This has involved emergency food security interventions, particularly focused on distributing inputs for the spring, summer and winter planting seasons; carrying out assessments of the food security situation; coordinating agricultural interventions; and supporting national food security data management.
At present, FAO has over 20 international experts and more than 120 national technical and officers and personnel currently working through its Emergency Rehabilitation and Coordination Unit offices, which are spread throughout the country.