- Supporting pastoralists in Somalia27/04/2017
- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Mobile veterinary clinics10/04/2017
- Fighting vulnerable farmers’ food insecurity in Haiti23/03/2017
- Supporting fisheries in Somalia16/03/2017
Connect with us
Answer to la Niña in Colombia
The winter emergency that occurred in Colombia during 2010, was the worst occurred in the last 60 years. The “Niña” climate phenomenon heavily altered the country’s climate patterns which caused constant rains from April 2010 to June 2011.
Financed by Colombia Humanitaria, The United Nations System in Colombia, developed a joint program with different agencies and local authorities of 8 municipalities in Chocó, Cauca and Nariño, that provided temporary accommodation, health services, water, basic sanitation, food and nutrition security, education in emergency situations and recovery of livelihoods support, to the most affected communities.