- Fighting vulnerable farmers’ food insecurity in Haiti23/03/2017
- Supporting fisheries in Somalia16/03/2017
- Fisheries on the White Nile river in South Sudan27/02/2017
- Farmers and herders in an IDP camp in Somalia21/02/2017
- Training fisher folks in South Sudan09/02/2017
Connect with us
Inputs distribution in Bangui
On Friday 7 February 2014 tools and seeds were distributed to 760 people, in particular to market gardeners from the Boeing-Bercali-Fontaine area and farmers from the ASECNA area. The distribution took place at FAO headquarters in Bangui with the Chief Minister’s Office of Agriculture, FAO Representative ad interim, the Assistant programme to the FAO Representative and the coordinator of the Food Security Cluster.
The Minister of Agriculture also came by towards the end of the distribution. A bus service was provided by FAO to ensure the beneficiaries’ security during their travel from the site near the airport and back.
The kits were composed of one rake, one watering can, one hoe, 10 g of tomato seeds, 10 g of cabbage seeds, 10 g of onion seeds.