- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
- Stabilizing land and preventing landslides after the earthquakes16/06/2015
- FAO emergency rice seed distribution in Nepal nearly complete 01/06/2015
- Local seed sourcing and packaging in Nepal29/05/2015
- Damage assessment after the earthquakes in Nepal20/05/2015
Connect with us
Launch of the 2013-14 agricultural campaign in the Central African Republic
In March 2014, the Transitional Government and United Nations (UN) agencies came together in Mbaïki, 95 km southwest of the capital, Bangui, for the official launch of the 2014/15 agricultural campaign in the Central African Republic.
Two-hundred vulnerable people identified by WFP have been provided with food rations covering a period of 15 days. These beneficiaries also benefited from support by FAO through the distribution of agricultural kits, composed of seeds and small tools, in order to resume their agricultural activities.
The objective is to ensure that the seeds distributed are not used for consumption (given the lack of food), but are quickly planted before the next rainy season (April) to secure the harvest in the country.