- Assessing fuel needs in camps for IDPs and surrounding communities in Myanmar16/04/2015
- Cleaning water channels in Bangui13/04/2015
- Damage of the Tropical Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu24/03/2015
- Assessment mission to Nimule in South Sudan17/03/2015
- Visit to communities affected by the Ebola outbreak in Bong County, Liberia09/03/2015
Connect with us
Backyard poultry in Syria
Thanks to funding from the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID), FAO is assisting 3 000 vulnerable households in Rural Damascus in Syria to restart or sustain their backyard poultry production. Each family is receiving 15 laying hens and 50 kg of poultry feed – sufficient for two months. Once the feed provided by FAO is finished, families will be able feed the hens following the local practices, through food scraps from the family.
This assistance is enabling families to produce eggs for home consumption and enhance their protein intake, while surplus production can be sold in the local market or bartered.