- Drones for Disaster Risk Reduction in the agriculture sector in Myanmar23/05/2017
- Life in the cattle camp in South Sudan22/05/2017
- Supporting pastoralists in Somalia27/04/2017
- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Mobile veterinary clinics10/04/2017
Connect with us
Harvesting rice in Liberia
Liberia continues to host up to 64,450 refugees most of whom live in Nimba, Grand Gedeh, and Maryland Counties mainly along the borders.
Distribution of rice production inputs as support to Ivorian refugee and Liberian host farmers for food production, nutrition and income generation opportunities has since ended in the three Counties.
Funded by the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF), the Project, “Food and Nutrition Security for Ivorian Refugees and Host Families in Liberia” in which FAO implements the crop production aspect, is catering to the food production needs of 20,000 individuals (14,000 affected Liberian hosts and 6,000 refugees).