- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Connect with us
Harvesting rice in Liberia
Liberia continues to host up to 64,450 refugees most of whom live in Nimba, Grand Gedeh, and Maryland Counties mainly along the borders.
Distribution of rice production inputs as support to Ivorian refugee and Liberian host farmers for food production, nutrition and income generation opportunities has since ended in the three Counties.
Funded by the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF), the Project, “Food and Nutrition Security for Ivorian Refugees and Host Families in Liberia” in which FAO implements the crop production aspect, is catering to the food production needs of 20,000 individuals (14,000 affected Liberian hosts and 6,000 refugees).