- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
- Stabilizing land and preventing landslides after the earthquakes16/06/2015
- FAO emergency rice seed distribution in Nepal nearly complete 01/06/2015
- Local seed sourcing and packaging in Nepal29/05/2015
- Damage assessment after the earthquakes in Nepal20/05/2015
Connect with us
Agricultural kits distribution in the Central African Republic
In order to avoid a full-scale food and nutrition security crisis in the Central African Republic, FAO provides immediate assistance to crisis-hit farmers for the current agricultural campaign with the distribution of tools and 1 800 tonnes of seeds by the end of May 2014. FAO has established strategic partnerships with NGOs to implement the distributions countrywide and assist up to 75 700 farming families.
Each family is receiving 25 kg of crop seeds and 2 hoes to plant in time and produce at least 500 kg of groundnuts, maize and rice that will contribute to feed a family for around four months. All seeds will be distributed to the affected population by 31 May should the security situation allow it.
Seeds and tools purchased by FAO have been pre-positioned in FAO hubs across the country (Bangui, Bambari, Bouar and Bossangoa). NGOs are collecting the inputs in FAO hubs and collaborate with FAO to transport them to the distribution sites in rural areas.